So the countdown to the New Year begins!
Soon we’ll be replacing the “sugar plums dancing in your head”, to visions of sparkly jello shots & shiny pinatas as we approach 2017! NYE is right around the corner and you know we love hosting a celebration to remember.
For the last minute planners (which we totally get), and for anyone that loves a little sparkle, we’ve put together a list of festive DIY’s to dance up any New Year’s Eve bash.
1. DIY Party Crowns
Nothing says “midnight kiss ready” like gold, sparkling and shimmering crowns for your guests! These DIY crowns are simple and fun, and we’ve included links for full instructions on how to achieve these looks.
These glitz crowns are 100% certified for NYE selfie cuteness! To save prep time, make a handful of these goodies and use them as props for a DIY photo booth.
2. DIY Sprinkle Bar + Ice Cream Sandwich Pops!
We love the idea of serving your guest’s yummy desserts that will hit their sweet tooth throughout the night. Luckily, this is a no-bake treat, so there’s minimum room for error.
• You’ll need to purchase basic ice cream sandwiches, lollipop sticks, and LOTS of sprinkles.
• Cut sandwiches into fourths for mini fun, or leave as is for full size.
• Pop in your sticks and roll or sprinkle your toppings on.
TIP: For more NYE party fun, create a sprinkle toppings bar…or should we say a sparkle bar! Full instructions can be found here.
3. DIY Floating Filler Centerpiece
We love when our party spaces are tied together through common centerpieces such as beautiful floral, fairy light vases, glimmering candles, etc. Needless to say, we were drawn to this color popping balloon centerpiece for a festive NYE gathering.
• You’ll need a balloon pump, latex balloons, and clear vases.
• With the vases next to you, eyeball how many balloons you’ll need to fill each vase. From there, blow up your balloons.
• Work with your color palette to place the balloons nicely and evenly into each vase, and arrange!
4. DIY Disco Ball Pinata
We’re all for adding a little bit of fun to any celebration whether that’s through games, whiskey tastings, dancing, or sparkly pinatas! While thinking about what would fit best for a NYE celebration, we came across this disco ball beauty, and said Yes, Yes, Yes!
• We’d be lying if he said we had any idea of how to make these beauties…follow the full instructions here!
TIP: For a fun burst of color, add vibrant handfuls of confetti alongside candy and any other sweet treats you want to hide inside.
5. Pop Rockin! Jelly Shots
We’ll say it now, and we’ll say it again, keep it simple yet make everything SPARKLE on NYE night. This goes beyond the decor and party props, but to your delicious eats and drinks as well. This next DIY is not only fun to make with a batch of your closest girlfriends, but they’re also cute & simple edible decor to fill your bar cart.
How To: Full directions here!
Okay babes, we’ve covered eats, drinks, decor, and a little bit of fun for your New Year’s Eve DIY’s to ring in your 2017. So put your DIY crown on and shine!
And, don’t forget to shimmy, sip’, and socialize the NYE night away!
See you in 2017.